We would like to remind our school community that the CDC makes the following recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
In Crestview, 3 years ago, we bought electrostatic disinfectant cleaning systems that are used in hospitals. We have brought in extra staff to make sure that we are are disinfecting every room nightly with these machines. This is in addition to the nightly chemical and standard cleaning of all areas in the buildings and on buses.
As we monitor the spread of the COVID-19 virus we will continue to follow the guidance of our health experts, and will keep you informed if any additional measures need to be taken. Thank you in advance for your help in following the previously mentioned recommendations in regards to keeping our community safe and healthy from the spread of COVID-19.
Matthew T. Manley
Crestview Local Schools
Adapted from CDC and Sean Kirkland Salem Schools